Belly button repair surgery is also known as an umbilicoplasty and can be performed on its own or at the same time as a tummy tuck or other cosmetic surgery procedure. This surgery can change the shape or size of your belly button. Belly button surgery can be performed under local anesthesia. Most patients are able to return to normal activity soon after surgery, but this depends upon the extensiveness of your surgery.
Patients can return to work or their daily activities the same day as surgery. The results of surgery are typically permanent as long as a patient does not gain a significant amount of weight or becomes pregnant following surgery.
which condition can be treated with belly button repair surgery?
Conditions that can be treated consist of the following:
- To create a more youthful looking stomach area
- Reverse the changes to the belly button caused by weight gain, age or pregnancy
- Turn an “outtie belly button” into an “innie belly button”
- Skin damage or scar formation from a bellybutton piercing
- Bellybutton hernias that cause excessive bulging of the area around the umbilicous
who are good candidates for a belly button repair or umbilicoplasty?
The ideal candidate for a belly button repair is a person who is unhappy with the size, shape and appearance of their belly button due to normal ageing, pregnancy, weight gain or loss, surgery or any other trauma. You should be in otherwise good health and have realistic expectations.
Contact us in Frisco, Texas, for life-enhancing cosmetic surgery - (469) 362-8665.